Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nas Looking To Drop Again In 2007

Nas is in the zone. With a #1 release in his bag with Hip Hop Is Dead, the Queens born MC wants to release another album this year. This is out of shape for Nas, who customly waits at least two years excluding his 1999 release Nastradamus -- we all know how that worked out.

"New album is in the making right now," Nas said on the set of his new video for "Can't Forget About You." " '07, new Nas album, I can't wait. I'm not finished. I feel like something is starting right now. This is a momentum and a movement that's happening out here. I gotta make sure I stay the captain of this ship and push it forward. I'm here at Def Jam, I'm renaming it the Black Oasis. You bring Nas into any situation like the situation that's at Def Jam and you gonna get nothing but the top of the line."

Nas went on to elaborate more on Hip Hop Is Dead and the message behind it.

"Ah, man, going into the year the way I went into the year was real good," he said. "The irony of a title like Hip Hop Is Dead being #1, what is that? That's what it's all about. At the end of the day, it's real big. It feels like a good time. I'm excited, I'm loving the rap game, the potential that it has to grow. A lot of people thought that because I was hating the state of the rap game, I was hating rappers. I don't hate. It's just that there were a lot of rappers that were corny. There's always going to be corny rappers. They didn't understand the message. People were not getting it. It's a slow process, but it's all good. We're going to keep grinding, keep giving them more, showing them more. This is a record that's going to take time. We gonna push it on them for the whole year."

So is the next one going to be like More Fish -- the second part of an album? Hip Hop Is Saved? Hip Hop Is Resurrected?

No comments: