Sunday, January 14, 2007

It's All G.O.O.D.

The G.O.O.D. music label, which was started by Kanye West, has closed its offices at Sony Music. But Kanyeezy says the label is far from done.

"It was said that because G.O.O.D. Music didn't have an office at Sony anymore, that there was no more G.O.O.D. Music," West said while on the set of Game's "Wouldn't Get Far" video. "We got GLC about to drop. Consequence is about to drop. John Legend is almost platinum. He beat the sophomore slump, we know his career is gonna last as long as he wants it to. Common's album is about to drop. The whole thing was never about marketing, it wasn't about clothing — it was about making good music. I feel we still deliver that. We come to do our job."

Kanye also briefly discussed his next album Graduation ,which is yet to have a release date.

"You remember, you didn't find out about the Nas joint until real late," he continued. "I waited till the last listening session a couple of weeks before the album came out. I played it in a room with 300 people and Nas' voice hit the track and it was like, 'Ah, man.' Another surprise might be there might not be anybody on it. There are a few rappers I really love and I would love to work with, but I'mma figure out what I'mma do for my album."

No comments: