Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Midlake Hates Us

Midlake frontman Tim Smith was recently interviewed by Canadian music site Chart Attack. He reveals how he feels about the internet (alright, maybe reveals isn't the best word).

"I hate reading that stuff [blogs, etc.]. Just tell me how the album is selling. I don't like the negativity. You get a little bigger and then you get more enemies. You're no longer these guys who are just trying to push and do it and be a band. And everyone respects you when you're just starting out, even if you suck."

The writer mentioned that Smith is an extremely polite and kind person. But that really hurts my feelings Tim. What did we do to you? You made plenty of end of the year lists. We tried to build a buzz for you.

I think he has been hanging out with Jack White too much. Read the interview here.

No comments: