Thursday, February 15, 2007

Live Earth Benefit Concerts Announced


Former vice president Al Gore and others have joined forces to create Live Earth (the Concert for a Climate in Crisis), a set of 7 concerts to raise awareness about global warming. It will take place on July 7th and you will be able to catch Bloc Party and Bon Jovi to name a couple.
Sounds a lot like Live 8, eh? I really wonder if these work. People going probably tell their friends and family 'it is for the climate and I'm glad I could be part of it. I can't wait to hear Californiacation though!'
I'm positive the majority of the artists do want to raise awareness and do a good deed, but there are still the Will Smiths out there. "This is Switch and it's off my new album Lost & Found in stores now!" Read more here.
Side note: Bon Jovi rocked Live 8.
I don't know why the format is screwed up. Sorry.

No comments: